Key Facts and Information
- The Dubbo Project (DP) is a $1B project and Australia's most advanced new rare metal/rare earth project. It will produce zirconium, hafnium, niobium, and light and heavy rare earth products for the global market.
- The estimated mine life is 70+ years.
- Development approval was received 28 May 2015.
- Federal approval under the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 was received in August 2015.
- The Mining Lease was granted in December 2015 and covers 2,390 hectares of land at Toongi, including the operating site, significant Biodiversity Offset Areas and residual agricultural land.
- The Environment Protection Licence was granted in March 2016.
- Construction will take place 2017-2019.
Want to know more?
Access to environmental and management reports